Saturday, November 20, 2010

It Is Good To Fall Flat On Your Face

Do you know those experiences where you think you've got it all figured out but you soon realize the opposite? The ones where something just smacks you in the face and sets you straight. The ones where you are proud to say, "I fell flat on my face."

If you have these experiences don't worry about it, you are not alone. There is nothing wrong with you, in fact you are doing everything right. If you fall flat on your face wipe the blood from your nose and keep on moving. You will be better for it. An ancient prophet in the Book of Mormon put it like this:
"If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness"

The "me" in that phrase is Jesus Christ. Most of the time when we are truly repenting and striving to better ourselves we need a good fall. It is necessary for our growth. If we are wanting to allign our will with His we need a fresh perspective. This fresh perspective comes when we see that we are indeed weak. We aint all that. We are nothing. The verse continues to say:

"I give unto men weakness that they may be humble"

It is ok to have weaknesses and even more ok to admit them. This is what humility is. We confess our weaknesses to God and turn ourselves over to Him. It is then that we learn to trust in the Lord. When we do this great things happen. We see Gods hand in our life. He gives us this promise:

"My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, and have faith in me...then will I make weak things become strong unto me."

When we turn things over to Him he picks us up. Not only does he wipe the blood from our nose, but he makes it so we are stronger. With each fall we grow.

I know this is true. I fall on my face often. Each time I have gone to my Heavenly Father for strength. He has made me stronger than I ever thought possible. I know that it is good to fall flat on your face. It is painful sometimes but pick yourself up. Trust in God and know you are heading in the right direction.

I encourage come to Him and to discover your weaknesses. He will turn them into your strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment