Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thank You Mothers Everywhere

Thanksgiving always gets me thinking about what I am grateful for. As I reflect back on my life and remember the things that I am the most thankful for, I always think first of my mother. This was my first Thanksgiving away from home so I contemplated even deeper the things my mother has done for me. I remember her waking up early to make me sack lunches for school everyday.
 I remember her staying up late on the weekends to make sure I made it home on safely. I remember her always being present during every one of my track meets. She never missed a race. She even sat through my cross country meets. What an amazing person she is. I remember her cooking dinner every night. She always did my laundry too. No matter what the occasion was she supported me. I can just tell how much she loves me. She sacrificed so much for me. I know she has waded through much sorrow to raise me. I know she has given everything so I can be who I am today. I am grateful for all my mother has done for me.


These memories are irreplaceable to me. They remind me of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ has made for me. When I reflect back on my life and remember all the things I am the most thankful for, I am always reminded of what my Savior has done for me. This was my first Thanksgiving while serving the Lord as a missionary. I contemplated even deeper all of the many wonderful things the Savior has given me. I remember how much he has changed me. I remember all of my prayers that have been answered. I remember feeling his love when I was down. He has always been there for me. He even was there when I was lost in sin. What an amazing person he is. I remember when I thought I couldnt go on any longer and he kept me going. I remember all of the miracles he has performed in my life. I remember how much he suffered for me. He died for me. He took upon himself my sins. I can just tell how much he loves me. He sacrificed so much for me. I know he has waded through much sorrow to change me. I know he has given everything so I can be who I am today. I am grateful for all my Savior has done for me.

Happy Holidays. Be thankful this holiday season. Remember our Savior Jesus Christ. Our beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson said this about gratitude:

"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love."
Express your thanks for the blessings God has given you. You will feel His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment