Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

I love Christmas. I love Christmas carols and Christmas caramels. I love Christmas trees and Christmas lights. I love Christmas dinner and Christmas presents. I especially love the Christmas spirit. The spirit of giving and love. It is a time to remember our brothers and sisters. It is a time of service. We express our love for those around around us. I love this season. Mostly, I love the true meaning of Christmas.


The true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are to remember him and what he did for us. His birth was the 2nd most important event of world history. The 1st most important being his suffering and death on the cross. What an amazing blessing it is to know that Jesus was born of a Virgin. That he was the literal Son of God. That he lived a perfect life. He was obedient to the will of his Father. He is the only name given under heaven whereby man can be saved. Through him we can be cleansed from sin. I love the Christmas message:

"Unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

I do love Christmas. It is important to remember our Savior. That is what Christmas is all about. I hope we all recognize what a great blessing it is to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. When we serve one another this Christmas season remember that, "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only the service of your God." (Mosiah 2: 17)

When you open gifts tomorrow think about our Heavenly Father and His wonderful Plan. Remember our Savior and all that he has done for us. He is the light and the life of the world.

To end this Christmas Eve I join with the multitude of heaven in exclaiming:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."


Have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.


To read about what happened in the Americas during Christs birth click on the link below!

http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/3-ne/1?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment