Thursday, December 9, 2010

Take Care Of Your Dirty Clothes

Raise your hand if you enjoy doing laundry! Maybe you're like me who just stares at the pile of dirty clothes and loaths taking it to the laundry mat. It is moments like these where I appreciate my mother. I cant believe she did Laundry for my family of six for all of these years. What an amazing women. Laundry reminds me of how much my mother loves me and how much she has sacrificed for me. For this reason I love laundry because it reminds me of how much I love MOM.


I think back to all of the grass stains from playing soccer in the backyard. I remember the red sploches on my white shirt from getting a bloody nose. I remember spilling grape juice on my new shorts. Don't get me started on the spaghetti and lasagna. I was one of those kids that got more on the table cloth and on my clothes than I did in my mouth. My poor mother labored hard to get all of those stains out. I can't imagine how discouraging it must have been to have a new stain to take care of with every load. I was a messy boy. It didnt matter where the stain was or how big it was my mother would clean it and it would be like it was brand new. She didnt care how I got it but she sure knew how to get it out.

Jesus Christ is like my mother. He knows how to do laundry and He loves doing it. It doesnt matter how the stain got there He'll take it out. Lets face it we are all messy eaters when it comes to life. Whenever we sin we place a stain on our spirit. All accountable persons are stained by sin. Heavenly Father has stated that "no unclean thing can dwell with God" (Alma 10:21) We must all be washed clean from our sins to be saved. The only way we can do that is through Jesus Christ. He is the master at doing our spiritual laundry. Alma, a prophet of God, said of the subject:

"For there can no man be saved except his garments are washed white; yea, his garments must be purified until they are cleansed from all stain, through the blood of him of whom it has been spoken by our fathers, who should come to redeem his people from their sins" (Alma 5:21)
He is the only way we can get the stains of sin out of our lives. He sets the terms for it though. He tells us that if we want our sins to be washed away we need to have faith in him, repent of our sins, be baptized, recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost, and keep his commandments to the end of our lives. What an easy deal. 

Can you imagine how many stains he has to get out! He does laundry for everyone that has ever lived. Now that is a massive pile of dirty clothes. What an amazing thing. We have no excuse for not following him. His laundry mat is open 24/7. He gives to us all. We just need to take him our dirty clothes and live the Gospel.

For this reason I love doing laundry: because it reminds me of how much my Savior loves me. It reminds me that He died for me. It reminds me that there is a plan. Laundry gives me hope to see my Heavenly Father again and to live with my family forever. My advice to everyone: TAKE CARE OF YOUR DIRTY CLOTHES. Follow Jesus Christ. I stand with the Father in declaring:

"Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son." (2 Nephi 31:11)

If you do these things and follow Jesus Christ to the end of your life you can rest assured knowing that all your laundry is taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. My huge mountain of laundry, that I was just now avoiding...is looking so much better! I will remember this as I am tackling my chore! :) By the way, your Mom must be an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete